Edelrid climbing ropes & harnesses
Edelrid manufactures top-quality and functional sporting equipment, such as ropes, shoes, backpacks, clothing, climbing harnesses and cooking utensils for mountaineers and climbers. Working closely with some of the best climbers and athletes in the world, Edelrid designs climbing-specific products that are innovated to have exceptionally durable qualities and also allow excellent freedom of movement. Furthermore, Edelrid integrates eco-friendly materials in every item and produces them in a sustainable manner. With Edelrid at your side, there are no limits to how high you can go.
Edelrid technology is based on over 150 years of Alpine expertise
German manufacturer Edelrid was first established over 150 years ago. It was founded by Julius Edelmann, who was a salesman and mountaineer, and Carl Ridder, a specialist in braiding machines. The company started out making braids and chords before becoming one of the first to introduce environmentally-friendly ropes for professional mountaineers to the market.
In 1953, Edelrid devised the kernmantel rope, a type of rope that features a woven exterior around the interior core to optimise its durability and strength while still retaining flexibility. This revolutionised the climbing world, as thanks to that rope, rope breakage during climbing became a thing of the past.
Edelrid’s major breakthrough came in 1964, when it developed the dynamic rope, a rope that can withstand multiple falls. It was the first of its kind. This set the scene for climbing ropes as we know them today. The following year, Edelrid released its first climbing harness that helped climbers reach new levels and heights. It became popular worldwide. By 1996, Edelrid had pioneered rope for indoor climbing walls.
Since 2009, Edelrid has focused on manufacturing products that are not only superior in quality, but also meet the stringent requirements of the bluesign®environmental standard. The company won the EMAS / DIN ISO 14001 certification for environmental responsibility the following year. It continues to innovate ground-breaking products, with recent breakthrough items including the foldaway climbing helmet and interactive carabiners.
Edelrid makes sure you have all bases covered for your next adventure
On the Addnature.co.uk website, you can choose from a comprehensive selection of Edelrid climbing ropes and harnesses, clothing, footwear and other accessories and equipment, including:
- Edelrid clothing such as t-shirts, short and long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, jackets, trousers and shorts, gloves and underwear. The highly-functional fabrics are comfortable and cut to ensure good freedom of movement, while the cool designs and prints are fun and colourful.
- Edelrid’s range of high-performance climbing equipment such as ropes, climbing belts, bags and backpacks, helmets, crampons, picks and ice tools and other climbing accessories.
- Edelrid footwear and climbing shoes that are designed for bouldering and sport climbing.
- Camping equipment such as stoves, fuel, adapters, cutlery, pots and pans. Additionally, the range features a waterproof travel medical kit equipped with everything you need for an emergency as well as other useful accessories.
- There is also a collection of headlamps, which are ideal for cooking, reading and general camping.