All the climbing equipment you could need
Climbing is as physically and mentally stimulating as it is useful and fun. However, staying safe, performing well and developing your skill requires good climbing equipment. Addnature.co.uk offers a wide range of quality products for every type and aspect of climbing. We stock products from recognised and well-respected climbing brands; which means you can rely on great quality and function. Over 1000 climbing accessories from big names such as Arc’teryx, Black Diamond, AustriAlpin, Edelrid and Patagonia make it easy to find everything you need for your next climb – including complete climbing sets, shoes, helmets and ropes, chalk bags, carbons and much more. We also stock specialist equipment for special types of climbing such as big wall climbing, via ferrata and bouldering.
Climbing essentials to consider
Types of climbing equipment you’ll need to think about include the following:
- Climbing clothing, shoes and gloves: challenging and technical activities require smart garments. Specialist climbing clothing and accessories protect you from the elements and help you to perform at your best
- Harnesses: a climbing harness is one of the most essential pieces of kit a climber can have. Its purpose it to catch you when you fall so its importance can’t be overestimated! You’ll need a comfortable harness that fits you perfectly
- Helmets & headlamps: a helmet may save your life one day – climbing lids protect against catastrophic concussions and serious head injuries. Likewise, headlamps keep you safer – providing long-beam and hands-free light in low-visibility conditions
- Crash pads: bouldering typically means a lot of falling. Indoor bouldering facilities have suitable crash pads pre-installed but outdoor bouldering will require you to provide your own
- Chalk & chalk bags: chalk improves grip by absorbing sweat and moisture from your hands during an ascent
- Climbing backpacks, daypacks, rope bags & haul bags: help you transport your gear and keep it safe, clean and organised. Consider factors such as weight, durability, packed size, climbing utility, versatility, and comfort when selecting the right model for you
- Belaying/rappelling & hauling/ascending equipment: accessories and devices to help you belay, abseil and haul heavy gear
- Rope & slings: climbing ropes, slings and loops of different dimensions, weights, tensile strengths and water and dirt treatments
- Carabiners & fall protection: carabiners are robust yet light metal rings which connect your climbing rope to pieces of climbing protection such as bolts, nuts and camming devices. They are used to attach your gear to the gear loops on your harness
Climbing questions & advice
Confused about which climbing helmet will best protect your head during a climb? Or what type of chocks are best for free climbing? If you have any questions or queries just contact us via e-mail or on the telephone and our well-trained staff will be pleased to offer you some professional advice and insider tips.