Tatonka - Expedition Life
In the language of the Sioux Indians of North America, Tatonka is the name for bison. For them, the bison is a sacred animal. As a symbol of freedom, nature, wilderness and strength, it is a fitting name for a company renowned for creating durable outdoor products. Founded by Winfried Schechinger in Dasing, Germany, the family-run company produces functional clothing, backpacks and tents. Their products are renowned for their superb quality and have earned a well-deserved reputation for excellence around the world....Continue reading
Tatonka: well equipped for adventure
Tatonka means “bison” in the language of the North American Sioux Indians. As this sacred beast represents freedom, nature, wilderness and strength, it is an ideal symbol for the company brand, which is world renowned for creating durable outdoor products, including functional clothing, tents and backpacks. On the Addnature.co.uk website, you can choose from a comprehensive range of Tatonka outdoor equipment, outdoor clothes, backpacks and bags for camping, climbing, trekking and more.
Tatonka symbolises nature, freedom and strength in the wilderness.
Tatonka is a German-owned company that was founded by Winfried Schechinger in Dasing, Bavaria, in Germany. This family-run company also has production sites in Vietnam, where all of their products are manufactured. As it owns the production facilities, it has absolute control over the production process and is able to the quality of each and every product ensure from start to finish, as well as make sure that the working conditions are fair.
Tatonka products are designed for people who want to be outside. Now in its second generation of the family, the brand was initially created because founder Winfried Schechinger recognised that there was a growing need for high-quality outdoor products. The name of the company, Tatonka, was inspired by the film “Dances with Wolves” and the language of the Sioux Indians, who are indigenous to North America, and the bison, which is called “tatonka” in Sioux language - a symbol celebrated for its representation of peace and harmony with nature, as well as its strength and freedom.
In 2011, Tatonka was certified as a fair, environmentally conscious and responsible company and employer by the TÜV Rheinland, and in 2012, the non-profit organisation MADE-BY verified it as achieving 100% of the required social standard. It is now possible to visit the official website to see the working conditions and high-quality processes in place to produce each of the Tatonka products. The company only employs adult employees who are paid fair wages and the working standards are high.
With Tatonka, adventure is calling you!
On the Addnature.co.uk website, there is a wide selection of Tatonka’s extremely reliable and high-quality products to choose from. You can browse Tatonka outdoor clothes and footwear, hiking and camping equipment, winter sports items and more. Popular categories on offer (among others) include:
- Tatonka’s range of stylish jackets for men, women and children, which are lightweight, suitable for all seasons and have integrated characteristics such as freedom of movement and weather and rain protection
- Tatonka softshell, casual, zip-off shorts and hiking pants in a selection of colours that feature properties such as outer layer weather protection and pockets for safe transportation of personal items
- Attractive, functional dresses and skirts, that are lightweight and allow for plenty of freedom of movement
- A range of camping, mountaineering and hiking equipment that includes waterproof tents and flexible and ergonomically shaped Tatonka backpacks and bags that are integrated with comfortable back padding to enable optimum hold and good contact between the back and the rucksack
- Hydration, health and hygiene products, such as foldable water cans, mugs and bottles, medical kits and insect protection