Kids' rubber boots40 Products
Kids’ Rubber Boots
The Wellington Boot was invented back in the early 19thcentury and is an extremely versatile type of shoe. The beloved ‘wellie’ has proved itself suitable for all types of weather conditions - so, it’s no surprise that it stuck around to become one of the nation’s favourites! You’re never too young for your first wellie.
Why are wellies the perfect footwear for children?
Kids’ Wellington Boots are designed to be waterproof – making them ideal for protecting your kids’ feet andlegs in rainy, snowy or muddy conditions. This is why they’re also commonly known as ‘Rain Boots’. Their rubber construction also makes them super easy to clean – you can even spray dirt and muck off them with the garden hose. There really is no better option for children that love sploshing in the mud and jumping in puddles!
How to choose rubber boots for kids
When shopping for the best children’s welly for your child you’ll need to think about a few different factors.
Will your child be mostly wearing the boots in wet or rainy conditions? Or will it be cold too? If you’reexpecting sub-zero temperatures make sure to get kids wellie boots with a snuggly fur or fleece lining for warmth. You may also want to consider children’s wellies with drawstrings or toggles that keep your child’s body heat inside the boot.
Materials & Construction
The type of materials a boot is made from will obviously make a big difference to the suitability and comfort it offers in different conditions:
- Rubber Type:Natural gum rubber is eco-friendly and resistant to wear and tear from chipping and tearing. Your other option is synthetic rubber – which offers higher resistance to abrasion and flexibility at low temperatures
- Waterproofing:It guess without saying that rubber boots need to be waterproof. Look for higher leg shafts, waterproof cuffs and uppers for even better waterproofing
- Lining: Wool mix, fur and fleece linings will all keep little fleet warm.Whatever lining you opt for, make sure it’s a breathable one – or feet will become uncomfortably damp very quickly
- Fit/Construction: Are they straight cut for freedom of movement or might the form of the boot restrictyour child’s movement in some way?
- Adjustment: Does the boot contain size adjustment features like toggles or buckles? This will allow your child to tailor their wellies to their individual body shape
- Insole: A cushioned, moulded footbed offers great comfort while odour-control treatments are always appreciated. Can the insole be removed for convenient washing or drying? Is it insulated? If it isn’t, the cold may travel through it
- Outsole: Does it have a high-quality, profiled sole? Will it transfer its colour? Look for grippy outsoles that will give you kid good traction on snow and wet surfaces
Other features are an added bonus. A couple of and useful ones include:•Reflective patches or logos. These keep your child visible when the sun goes down•Oversized handles: make it easy for kids to pull them on and off